Friday, October 06, 2006

S_O_S

Ever had that feeling that you were neither here nor there?

That your head can't dream up anything more substantial than clouds to further unsight the mindcam? That your brain had somehow, erm, "gone fuzzy"?

That the most shameful of memories keep coming back to your head to torment you whenever you are off guard? Like the last line I typed brought back uncomfortable memories of that Potty old literary catastrophe, to be more accurate, of wrackspurts.

And spectrespecs.

(shudders)

The depths to which I can sink!

It is foggy, by Jove it is, in this limbo! And my malfunctioning memory isn't helping, either. Right now an Eton-and-Harrow accent is merrily reciting Roald Dahl in my head - "It clogs and clutters up the mind/ It makes a boy so dull and blind/ That he can no longer understand.."

No, I haven't been watching too much TV.

I mean, nothing except Manchester United blowing Newcastle apart.

I must fight.

But fight what?

Fog?

Can't.

Ennui?

Mind too numb. Can't even feel bored.

Memories of ghastly literature??

Yes! Yes!! Kripesies yes!!!!

Good book, anyone? Anything! Even ones I have read a hundred times over. I can't see anything in this solid fog. I need a good hard bash on the head.

I'm running. Running through neverending fog. Running a nerverending run. I need a brick wall to run into.

Make the wall very hard, please!!

3 Counterpleonasms:

At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am now reading Return of the native. Hardy.
I highly recommend it.
Read something besides the bloody text books man. Write something for fff.

There's your wall.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Viator Magnus said...

"Read something besides the bloody text books man."

first time someone has dared accuse me of that.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Viator Magnus said...

word i coined. break it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/div>